Monday, April 18, 2011

Zelda & IGN.com!

Edit 3: Final article is up!!!

EDIT 2: The second article is up as well!!

EDIT: The first article is UP!!!


For those of you that may not know, my work will be featured on IGN.com later this month, or early next month, in an article featuring The Legend of Zelda. I'm not allowed to go into specifics yet, or reveal the art itself yet (the art above is fanart I did before being offered to do work for them), but I'll be sure to link the article once it's released!

As huge as I am into Star Wars, Zelda is its video game equivalent as far as I'm concerned. I've had a deep-rooted love for the franchise since I first ventured into the Lost Woods in 1998's Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64. This led me to experience the originals that I missed out on, as well as becoming a dedicated fan ever since, anticipating every console release since then. For the record, I don't care if it's the "cool" thing to say, Majora's Mask has been my favorite Zelda since I played it in October of 2000.

And for anyone living under the proverbial gaming rock, IGN.com is widely accepted as THE video game news website. Being featured on there is an honor and frankly, a surreal dream come true! Millions of visitors view the site, and it'll be great exposure...not to mention an all-around wonderful feeling of extending my love for art into the gaming community as well. What better franchise to do it with than Zelda?

No such franchise exists, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment