Friday, September 10, 2010

Greener Pastures

Hey dudes and dudettes!

So I'll preface this with saying that this week's post isn't really Star Wars related, per say. However, it's about a pretty critical and necessary step towards becoming a full time illustrator and cartoonist.

After 2 years & change and a phenomenally successful visit to Celebration V, I've decided to leave Market Maker Interactive & TRAFFIQ to pursue this dream of mine on a full-time basis. I'll still be working for them part-time, from home on Staten Island, though! Let me tell you, if I had to do something that wasn't art-related, this was the place for me. Looking back, I had a lot of fun working with these individuals, and I can't thank them enough for their understanding and support in my decision. I'm truly blessed to have worked there, and I wish them all the best!

Now, what will I be doing once I leave on September 15th?
  • Pencil, ink, and color for a 48-page graphic novel titled (tentatively) "C.O.R.e." on a full time basis (paid gig!). More details to come!
  • Commissions! They're always open. Hit the LINK to see my rates.
  • As stated a moment ago, still working for Mmi from home, part-time.
After C.O.R.e. is finished, well, we'll have to see! I'm currently preparing for a Dark Horse portfolio review this October, so maybe something will come of that! In the meantime, while working on C.O.R.e., I'll just have to market myself like crazy to keep up the momentum.

SO! Without further adieu, here's Week 9's Women of Star Wars digital sketch card. I'm bringing you the first sexy Twi'Lek in Star Wars history...Jabba's slave Oola!

No comments:

Post a Comment