Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Siren of Dathomir: Motion Comic


So those of you that urged me to create a motion comic for my "Siren of Dathomir" web comic are in for quite the treat. I've successfully "scored" it to find just the right tone (and by "scored", I mean "found the right tracks from my iPod), have written new and improved dialogue, and am also writing a few new shots to tie the scenes together a bit. Color me George Lucas, because this will be my Special Edition! Anyway, the picture to the top left of this article is some brand spankin' new concept art for the project. I'm re-doing quite a bit of the backgrounds, and this is a new design for the Siren's domain. I dig it! It was inspired by background art from Samurai Jack!

And, wow, oh wow, wowza. There are some really, really, REALLY awesome surprises attached to this motion comic. Outside of my own involvement. I really wish I could say more, but I don't want to spill the beans yet. When I have more concrete things to talk about, I will. But this is going to blow minds. I'm not saying this with an ego, I just know it'll just flat-out make brains explode on the wall, because I'm still cleaning up pieces of my own cerebellum off my bedroom wall. And for those of you sneaks trying to guess, I WILL NOT CONFIRM OR DENY ANY SPECULATION. =) But I encourage it if it's something you'd enjoy, haha.

Get excited, guys. As it turns out, this is going to be even bigger than I ever thought it had the potential to be. And I'm really glad you guys convinced me to do it.

In the meantime, I was pleasantly surprised to see :iconchrisgemini: made this really cool tie-in comic page of what happened to the clone he designed in the original contest for the original Siren of Dathomir comic I did. It actually gave me an idea to make a quick montage with some narration in the very beginning of the motion comic, so I might go ahead and incorporate my own version of this scene too! If I can swing it, anyway. Check it!

No comments:

Post a Comment