Thursday, June 14, 2012

So, sometimes, things don't work out the way you hope. Due to new legal requirements with LFL and the VO's union, Catherine Taber and Tom Kane will not be featured in "The Siren of Dathomir." This course of action, while disappointing, was agreed upon unanimously by all of us that it was the best thing to do. There are no hard feelings whatsoever on my part, because the last thing I would want is for anyone to catch any heat over them doing me a favor out of the kindness of their hearts! So While I'm very sad to see Catherine and Tom go, I wish them the best of luck, and can't wait to hear more of them on The Clone Wars television series.

Now, please keep in mind, in addition, there is a very positive note of relief on my part that comes from that statement. If you saw who was involved originally (I have since been asked to remove all of the early promotional stuff regarding TCW cast's involvement), I'm trying to say something without actually saying it. Believe me, this is the best course of action at this time. If you guys still check out TSOD when it releases, you can't miss it, and I'm freaking pumped for it, especially in the wake of losing out on Cat and Tom's involvement. In order to keep the amazing talent that I still have, it was agreed that it would be best to move forward without any names other than my own being used to advertise the project. So, very soon, I'll be re-releasing a new revised teaser trailer. I hope you guys dig it.

I haven't been around much, as I've been battling a pretty fierce bug for the last week or so (when it rains, it pours, right?). With the news of Cat and Tom's departure, and battling a very distracting bug in general, my workload has been disrupted pretty significantly as I spent the last few days trying to regroup and get a new plan together. So, an FYI, June 29th may not be the launch day, but it isn't out of the cards yet, either.

Anyway, sorry to bring such crappy news after a long absence, but rest assured that I'm still working really hard to make this and all my other projects as awesome as I possibly can, especially for you guys. As I've mentioned before, this whole project started out because of your overwhelming encouragement, so while it's been a roller-coaster lately, I'm looking at this as a lesson in patience and humility.

Also, a special thanks to Chris Duhaze for giving me the exact kick in the pants the moment I needed it most -- Even though he had no idea he was doing it at the time. More details on that later on. You the man, Chris. =) And for the record, lots of good news on the horizon too. So as always, I ask for your patience and thank you all for all the love you guys constantly send my way. The positive vibes have truly helped me get my head around the situation, and once again, because of you guys, things are heading in the right direction. You guys kick more ass than you'll ever know.

- Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment